Lindéngruppen companies are proactively helping society overcome COVID-19 by manufacturing hand sanitiser, providing knowledge, offering surplus supplies to healthcare and making donations to health charities.
At Lindéngruppen, we believe that the business community has an essential role to play and are proud of the ingenuity and fighting spirit our employees have shown in these difficult times. Lindéngruppen will continue to look at how we can best support our companies in helping society get through the crisis. In the meantime, here are some examples of how our companies are helping society overcome COVID-19.
- Colart staff, led by Toby Russell, Chief Technology and Digital Officer at Colart, have used 3D printers to manufacture 120 face shields for the NHS in London.
- Colart and their brand Winsor & Newton has opened 20 previously subscription-only Masterclass videos to the worldwide art community for free on its YouTube channel. The videos are intended to inspire artists to further their practice whilst staying at home.
- In February, Beckers’ Guangzhou site in southern China set up an emergency medical equipment production team to help a customer manufacture urgently needed medical equipment such as ventilators and monitors. The equipment was sent to the parts of China worst affected by COVID-19.
- From April, Beckers in Sweden began the small-scale production of Beckry®Hand, which is a hand disinfectant based on the WHO’s formulation and guidelines. The disinfectant is being used by employees in Sweden, and there are plans to supply local medical centres and hospitals.
- Beckers Dormagen has donated 2,000 protective face masks to local facilities. The masks were donated to the city of Dormagen to be distributed to local and smaller institutions, such as kindergartens and care services.
- Begg & Co has launched ‘Our Comfort Blanket’, which is an online space filled with positive tips and advice on staying healthy and positive during this difficult time. Anyone can share their personal tips on the platform with the wider Begg & co community